With over 40 years of experience in the electrical estimating field, we have fine-tuned the process to ensure accurate and detailed estimates in a quick and efficient manner. Experience derived from estimating thousands of projects over the years has provided us with the knowledge and ability to offer you competitive estimates to help you win more bids.
How We Assist Our Customers
- Some of our customers are affected by the current economic conditions and ask us to assist by providing Estimating coverage on an as-needed basis without the recurring expenses of a full or part-time employee.
- Other customers want to concentrate on other aspects of developing their business, and task us to assist with the Estimating role.
- While others, maintain an effective estimating team that occasionally falls behind. We are asked to step in on an as-needed basis to ensure there is enough work out-to-bid and backlogged for the future.
- Still other customers request us to prepare an estimate if they have a project that requires a little more estimating experience and expertise then their in-house estimating team may have.
- Several of our customers are simply expanding their client base and adding new estimating demands. We assist as needed to accommodate the load.
- One of our customers was in the process of laying off one estimator while searching for their replacement. We stepped in to assist with their estimating demands, until they found a viable in-house replacement.
Whatever capacity you need our team to fill, we can assist you meet your goals. Our estimator works closely with your team members to help comprise a competitive and timely estimate.Our customers are our highest priority. Therefore, your Company Intellectual Property is held in strict confidence. If desired, a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) can be executed. We do all that we can to maintain a strong working relationship with all our customers.
Estimating Documents Provided
- 1. Bid Take Off PDF mark ups (Sample PDF Bid Take Off)
- 2. Bid Extension (Sample PDF Bid Extension)
- 3. Bid Audit Trail
- 4. Bid Summary(Sample PDF Bid Summary)
- 5. Scope Letter
Quotes & Material
- Quotes provided by your vendors: Fixtures, Gear, Fire Alarm, Data, Security and Sound suppliers or subcontractors.
- Material: I have an EPIC material database for generally used items. Unusual parts quoted through your supplier.
- Supply house contacts are important.
We work the same as an estimator working in your office without the added employee cost. We have measures in place to spot check our estimates and take the time to ensure we have everything covered or noted. Timewise every effort is made to meet a bid date.
Generally, an idea of the cost to estimate projects is approximately 0.3%:
- $50,000 Electrical Estimate = $150.00
- $1,000,000 Electrical Estimate = $3,000.00
Hourly Estimating Rates:
- Estimating Hourly Rate = $75.00
- 1. Per job: a 50% prepaid amount to get started based on the estimate of the cost.
- 2. Contingent Agreement: JBI will include an estimating fee in the bid with the understanding payment is contingent upon project award. Payment terms will be included in agreement.
- 3. Additional Costs: Drawing copies, spec copies, priority mail, general report copies and binding of reports for hard copies are an extra cost in addition to the above rates.
How to Start
- 1. Email our estimating team to let them know you are interested in our services. Include a link to download drawing files.
- 2. At this point, you will be assigned an estimator to work with you directly.
Your estimator will provide you with an estimate and:
- Option #1 - A 50% prepaid amount based on the estimate is required to get started.
- Option #2 - We will enter into a contingent fee agreement per terms below.
- 3. Please send your estimator all job information that you have as it comes in.
- 4. At this point, takeoff is in process with due date set. Your estimator will keep you informed of estimate process. As time permits, your estimator will contact you about electricians’ rates, OH&P, details of estimate, ask questions and more. Please make sure your estimator has all your contact information.
- 5. Early starts are best on all jobs. As soon as a job is released for bidding your estimator will need the drawings. Fast turn arounds should be avoided if possible.
- 6. We offer EASY payment options of ZELLE, VENMO, and PayPal. No fees are associated with ZELLE and VENMO. A 3% transaction fee will be added when using PayPal.